What is the Certificate III Screen & Media ?
This qualification, delivered online by the Creative Industries Dept. at TasTAFE Alanvale Campus, is part of the Creative Arts and Culture Training Package.
To access the most up-to-date information about this qualification go to the Aus. Govt. training resource
What set of skills does it cover?
This nationally recognised online training product introduces students to a wide range of skills such as:
- Coding for the Web (writing the code that "makes" web pages HTML5, CSS3)
- Creating and editing digital artwork (images)
- Design Fundamentals (Elements and Principles, type, colour, layout, composition)
- 2D animation for the web / broadcast
- Design for user interface (mobile/web)
- Writing for the web (includes strategies for SEO)
- Introduction to the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Animate, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro)
- Introduction to third-party web-based tools (Google Apps, Typeform, Greenshot)
- Introduction to using Social Media tools to engage, collaborate and inform
Note: A 3D specific stream is available for those interested in modelling/ animation/ texturing. For more details, contact us for a brochure, check out the current resources http://www.chrisadamsweb.com/study/3d/ and if you would like to pursue this course of study, express your interest.
Index to Lessons
This index gives you quick access to the lessons.
- Intro to HTML & CSS
- Intro to Digital Imaging
- Intro to Design
- Intro 2D Animation
- Intro to Industry
- Intro to Writing for the web
- Intro to Web Design
The lessons are supported by resources accessed from our Learning Management System (LMS) at http://ddmstudy.com as well as our shared cloud storage.
Intro to Design Fundamentals
Intro to 2D Animation
Study with us at TasTAFE
If you're interested in studying with us, get in touch to discuss study options:
"Feat of Design" is our Department Promotional site and it features student artwork, blogs and forums. http://featofdesign.com/